Listed below are all of the opportunities available to work with me. I’d love to partner with you! Feel free to get in touch here (or send an email to lisa -at- lisamorosky -dot- com).
#1: Need a Virtual Assistant?
I’ve worked as a virtual assistant for almost 10 years. I’ve worked with Internet marketers, well-known and just-starting-out bloggers, and online business owners. I wrote an eBook about how to get started as a virtual assistant. I manage a Facebook group (that I created) with a couple thousand new, experienced, and aspiring virtual assistants. You could say I have some experience with all things “virtual assistant”.
Who I Work With and What I Can Do
If you’re a blogger, an online business owner, a network marketing professional, or a creative business owner, I want to work with you! You are my people. I know your businesses. Here’s a sampling of what I can do for you (and have done many times for others):
- Help you create and manage your blog and/or website
- Manage your email inbox, social media accounts, affiliate program, advertising, and email marketing
- Help plan and implement online events and product launches
- Light audio, video, and image editing
- Help organize your business and put systems in place
- Project and team management
- Provide all of the occasional administrative help you may need, like booking travel arrangements, sending cards and gifts, time-consuming data entry, and transcription
- Whatever else you’re desperate to offload so you can work on the things only you (as the CEO of your business) can do
Is there something you need done that’s not mentioned above? Wondering if I have experience with insert-tool-or-program-here (spoiler alert: I likely do!)? Get in touch here (or send an email to lisa -at- lisamorosky -dot- com) and ask me your questions.
How I Work With Clients
I’m all about streamlining systems and keeping things simple in regards to the way I work with clients. My preferred method of communication is email and/or Facebook message. I strive to get all tasks done within 48 hours of them being given to me (but, if that’s not possible, we’ll work together to figure out an acceptable due date). I use all of the resources at my disposal, and the culmination of all of my experience, to really help my clients to the best of my ability.
Here’s How Much It’ll Cost You
“So, what’s it going to cost me?” – that’s what you’re thinking now, right? Well, I keep things simple there too. Clients purchase a package of hours upfront, and then I bill everything I do for them (to the minute) against those hours. Hours expire a year from the purchase date. When the hours are close to running out, I let the client know and they can decide whether or not to purchase more hours (and this is when a timesheet can be requested as well). Easy peasy. I’ve been working this way for several years and it really works for everyone.
Below you’ll find my rates for 1 hour, 5 hours, 10 hours, 20 hours, 40 hours, and 60 hours. The more hours you buy, the cheaper the hourly rate. Because of the nature of the work I do, there are no refunds.
Ready to chat? Click here (or send an email to lisa -at- lisamorosky -dot- com) to contact me and inquire about my availability. I can’t wait to hear from you!
#2: Advertise on LisaMorosky.com
As of right now, I only offer one type of advertising opportunity – and that’s product/service reviews. Here’s how it works:
- A free product (or free access to a service) is made available to me.
- For a suitable amount of time, my family and I will thoroughly test the product/service.
- If the product/service comes up great, I’ll write a blog post (including pictures and, if appropriate, a video) about it and share it how I normally share all of my blog posts. Advertisers can read my review beforehand, but I will post what I post and won’t be subject to editing/censorship by advertisers. All reviews will have a note at the beginning that I received the product/service for free (and was compensated, if applicable) in exchange for the review.
- If my family and I didn’t have a positive experience with the product/service, I’ll let the advertiser know and the advertiser can choose to either fix our concerns (that process will be included in the review) or can request that I don’t publish the review at all.
- If the value of the product or service is over $100, there is no fee for this service. If the value of the product or service is less than $100, there’s a $50 fee for this service (payable before the review is made live).
Interested in advertising on this website in this way? Use the contact form here or send an email directly to lisa -at- lisamorosky -dot- com.