Whenever the pantry is low, it never fails to happen that I want to bake something. But there’s really nothing you can bake when your shelves are bare, right?
WRONG-O. Enter the easiest cookies you’ll ever make. Seriously. All you need are four ingredients – and those four ingredients can be substituted with other stuff! Leave out the oats if you don’t have any. Substitute the peanut butter for another nut butter if that’s what you have. Use whatever kind of sugar you have in your house. I mean, how easy is that?
And these are so delicious, you guys. Mine were moist and chewy (though the texture changes the more oats you add) and so yum. I made two batches (you know, to perfect the recipe for the blog – not at all so we could just eat more of them, *ahem*) and they were gone in two days.
Whip these up when you’re craving a sweet treat, but you’re low on groceries. You’ll love them.
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of sugar (cane sugar, coconut sugar, sucanat – whatever your family uses)
- 1 cup of peanut butter (you could substitute with almond butter and I bet these would still be tasty!)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup (depending on how “oatmealy” you want the cookies to be) of gluten-free rolled or quick cooking oats
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Form one-inch balls, then flatten the cookies on your baking sheet (I just flattened them with my palm – if they stick to your hand though, just stick a little bit of sugar on your hands).
- Bake for 7-11 minutes (mine were closer to 11 minutes).
This recipe makes about one dozen cookies. Enjoy!